Quick Summary of how to activate your rentals:
1. If you're importing rentals, make sure the listing is posted/published in your property management software first.
2. Go to the Rentals page in Tenant Turner and click ACTIVATE for the rental you want to activate. Note: if you don't see your rental in the Assigned tab on the Rentals page, check Unclaimed tab.
3. Assign the rental to the appropriate user.
4. Configure the Marketing settings.
5. Adjust the restrictions and viewing settings specific to the rental's needs.
6. Confirm your Wait List setting, indicating whether the listing should remain on the Wait List, or if the rental is ready for showings to be scheduled.
7. Set up the appropriate viewing method(s) for the rental, such as In-Person showings, Self-Access viewings, or a combination of both.
8. Click SAVE RENTAL SETTINGS to officially activate the rental.
Once rentals are imported or created in Tenant Turner, the next step is to activate them. Activation is a required step to determine rental criteria, viewing method(s), and availability, so tenant leads can pre-qualify and request or scheduled a showing. If Tenant Turner is handling the listing syndication, that will also begin upon activation.
More detailed instructions below:
If you've imported an active rental into Tenant Turner, you'll see it on the Rentals page with an ACTIVATE prompt, as shown below.
First, you will need to assign the rental to the appropriate user. The assigned user will receive notifications about the rental. If the rental is available for in-person showings, the assigned user should be the person who will be showing the rental most often, as they will be first in line for availability offered.
When a rental is imported, restrictions and viewing settings are applied based on your Account Settings by default. You can then adjust the restrictions and viewing settings specific to this rental's needs.
Confirm your Wait List setting to tell the system whether the listing should remain on the Wait List at this time or if the rental is ready for showings to be scheduled.
After following the steps on the Rental Setting page to configure the marketing, qualifying, viewing, and application settings, make sure to click Save Rental Settings to officially activate the rental.
Once activated, the rental will have its own leads dashboard, owner report, availability, and settings pages.